Tuesday, December 9, 2014

5 Tips to Create More Consume Less in 2015


2014 included a lot of down time. Which meant lot's of reading, Pinning, subscribing to newsletters, following blogs, adding podcasts to my Stitcher list, audiobooks from the library (who loves free?!), and general consumption of incredible amounts of information. So much good! And then there comes that moment when it's all spinning around in your brain and it's just. too. much.

When my brain is * all jazz hands * all the time * there is no quiet space.  

No room for that one big idea to be born. No space for that quiet whisper that has led me to so many greater places than I could have planned myself.

Lately, I'm reading more about how to blog than I'm blogging. Swallowing more ideas on ways to heal than I'm actively making time to heal. Somethin's out of whack here. Yes there is a time to learn and boy howdy do I love Google and YouTube for a quick how to. It just seems that far more learning comes from the doing. You know what I mean?

2015 is going to be so freakin' amazing! I'm planning it well: Plan A, Plan B and the one the Universe actually delivers. I will be ready.

Here are 5 ways I plan to consume less and create more in 2015:


1. Take Scheduled & Unscheduled Information Breaks
  • Every Sunday will be screen free. Even Instagram. Gasp!
  • We don't have a TV (or watch on a laptop) and plan to keep it that way.
  • I listen to radio news only (local and national) and not everyday.
  • Once a month I'm scheduling a three day information break. All books, audio, radio, screens (accept necessary email), newsletters, magazines- all information. I'll use that time for a mix of creating stuff like writing, and creating quiet through more yoga and tiny hikes.
  • When I start to feel that spinning feeling, I'll know it's time for an unscheduled break.


2. Unsubscribe Ruthlessly 
  • When I get all excited about something (green smoothies, anyone?), I can go a little overboard subscribing to newsletters, adding blogs to follow, and generally signing up for way too much information. After the dust settles (7 days or a few months), unsubscribe ruthlessly. If you find yourself deleting without reading, just unsubscribe. You can find it in a hot second if and when you really need the info.
  • When money blocks were a big growth area I was focusing on, I subscribed to over a dozen money manifesters, money block coaches, and the like. I got a feel for each, how our style worked together or didn't- then unsubscribed ruthlessly. 
 My new rule is follow 3 people for each focused subject if I want to dig deep, stay focused, and learn. 
  • Same goes for junk mail and sales calls. Take the extra minute and ask to be removed or call and request it. Worth it.

 3. Schedule time for blog and newsletter reading.
  • 2 hours a week (1 hour 2x a week)- 8-9am Thursdays and 2-3 Tuesdays are on my calendar to read newsletters and blogs. If it takes more time than that, it's time to unsubscribe and make tough choices. Staying focused is helping me do more with my time and energy. Workshops and self paced classes are different and scheduled in as I can manage them. Thanks to Courtney Carver for the 2 hour max idea!
  •   Create a filter in your gmail so newsletters automatically are filed in their own special folder. No wasted time moving them as they come in or tempted to get off task and down the rabbit hole!
Tutorial on Turnstone to create filters and another from Google.

4. Set a daily goal for creating. No consuming until you have created.
  • My starter goal is 100 words a day. No email, blog reads, or even instagram until that is done.

 5. Fill your self up so there is more of you to give! 
  • More staring at the sunset. 
  • More standing under trees. 
  • Sitting by the sea side. 
  • Pausing in the middle of anything for a few needed long, filling breaths.

What moves you? What fills you up? What feeds your creativity?

Leave me a comment below. I'd love to hear!
xo,
Amy








7 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this. I feel like I have Internet A.D.D. everything is so beautiful and shiny and well written. There is so much that inspires me but I need to slow down and get focused on what I really need to be doing. Love this post. What a great reminder for myself. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, love how you said slow down and get focused. Big priorities for me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally adopting the no consuming until you've created. Live that

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally adopting the no consuming until you've created. Live that

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was really in need of this post due to my stressful life.
    Yoga for weight loss

    ReplyDelete
  6. The worst time has passed”However, it is true that there are more improvements than before...because of the rising numbers of people living with HIV in the state of Nevada. How could they stigmatize all of them? Therefore everything becomes a little easier and we start to share everything... We also started to invite and visit each other in a community. You know, it is six years since I started taking antiretroviral drugs...Yet whatever problems I face, the worst time has passedWhen I was evicted from the family home by my mother, my father rented a small room for me. But my mother and brothers believed that having HIV was my own fault – and that I deserved to be punished...I also considered myself unworthy and without hope... But I have a child and eventually I convinced myself to live for my child’s sake.
    My mother knew nothing [about HIV]. She didn’t understand anything. Do you know why? She didn’t have [the chance] to go out of the house and communicate with society. However, my father does interact with the community. I know his friends are mature and dignified africa america. So he has a better understanding than her.My father came call me on a sadfull day sitting on my couch about a friend of his from africa who introduce him to Dr Itua herbal  cure in africa in which he advise we should purchase his herbal medicine to cure my hiv so we did and Dr Itua prescribed I should drink the herbal medicine for two weeks to cure although we were so curious about the whole thing ,I finished the herbal medicine like he advised then he talked to me to visit my nearest clinic for check up I did and now I'm totally cured from Hiv my father was my rock and I and my family are now happy together also Dr Itua has be helpful in my community ever since he cure my Hiv so why I'm leaving  my story on here today is to reach out someone out here to hope on God and never give up no matter the situation you that you are facing especially through this pandemic seasons which has really taught us all on how we should be helpful to each other and cherish one another.Dr Itua cures the following diseases.....  Herpes,Liver cancer,Throat cancerLeukemia.,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma  Infectious mononucleosis.
    Intestinal cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Bladder cancer,Hiv,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Oral cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,
    Testicular cancer,Thyroid Cancer.You can contact Dr Itua Herbal Center on E-Mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com  Or Whats-App Chat : +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am inspired with your good work so appreciating genuinely! Be happy always!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...