Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Easy Teeny Tiny Baby Skirts with Vintage Linens

I love vintage linens. Tablecloths, sheets, fluffy floral terry cloth towels, lone luncheon napkins- all of them. Sewing up teeny tiny baby skirts is the perfect thing to use up some of my scraps.

Using a rough tutorial from Bulldogs and Babies, I whipped up these little sweeties. Actually, they aren't super teeny tiny. My boys both came in form or pretty darn close of ten pounds each so I'm not really expecting a dainty little daisy from this little one either. I added an inch to her waist measurements and two inches to the length.  Here are a few more tutorials:

  • some good suggestions and tweaks to the Bulldogs and Babies tutorial I used are shared by I Times 2 here
  • super cute circle skirt by Dana Made It here
  • Wink Designs has a tutorial using only one fat quarter of cotton here

Pick one that works for you and whip up some yourself! Easy peasy baby shower gifts to have on hand, too.
For more ideas on sewing for tiny ones, follow my Pinterest board, Handmade: For Wee Ones!
Enjoy!
xo,
Amy

2 comments:

  1. These are so adorable!!! What a great idea to use vintage linens!!
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. at some point in collecting vintage sheets for sewing...you have to actually cut into them. enjoy!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...